If you’re not online, you’re missing out.
93% of B2B buyers prefer to purchase online versus using a sales rep.*
Buyer behavior is changing, and it’s not just B2C buyers.
B2B buyers are rapidly moving to a digital-first approach and are increasingly looking to transact online, on their own time. This, combined with the growing expectation of consumer-level customized shopping experiences, has altered the B2B landscape.
With an easy-to-use, robust and native B2B eCommerce platform, you’re empowered to deliver your B2B customers exactly what they demand: an experience as personalized and efficient as those they enjoy on consumer sites.
- 18.2% — The growth of sales originating on B2B ecommerce websites, which reached $1.35 trillion in 2020. (source: 2020 U.S. B2B Ecommerce Market Report)
- Forrester estimates B2B ecommerce will surpass $1.8 trillion by 2021, accounting for 13.1% of all B2B sales.
- 73% of those involved in product or service purchasing are millennials who grew up in digital environments. (source: Harvard Business Review)
- 71% of B2B buyers said that they would switch suppliers to one with similar prices but a better overall digital experience. (source: Accenture)
Magento is the #1 eCommerce platform for the Internet Retailer B2B 300
- Win more B2B buyers and keep them coming back with a compelling B2C-like experience.
- Empower your sales teams to focus on finding and closing deals, not taking orders.
- Personalize offers and have targeted cross-selling and up-selling.
- Grant your customers the ability to self-serve their accounts.
- Streamline B2B sales and improve productivity.
- Reduce expensive ordering errors and rework.
- Lower fulfillment costs with order management capabilities.
- Powerful search helps your B2B buyers to quickly find what they need.
- Complete inventory visibility and fast fulfillment.
- Serve buyers across all channels and touchpoints.
B2B eCommerce Features
Corporate account management
- Sell to corporate accounts with multiple buyers and layered organizational structures.
- Empower customers to self-serve their accounts on the front end.
- Add new users and assign specific roles and permissions.
- Create sub-accounts to purchase on buyer’s behalf.
- Reduce inquiries with self-service order, quote, credit and inventory tracking.
- Share and edit cart with other buyers in company.
Sell on terms and with credit limits
- Set credit limit amounts on a per company basis for a true B2B experience.
- Allow B2B customers to purchase with check, money order, purchase orders, wire transfers, credit cards, PayPal, and more.
- Limit which payment methods buyers allowed to use.
- B2B customers can view available credit and purchase history in their account.
Create custom pricing & catalogs
- Build out an endless number of customer groups to accommodate multiple pricing and catalog options.
- Easily create custom catalogs and negotiated pricing.
- Set volume-based pricing, regional pricing, specific product rates for certain accounts, and more.
- Create custom promotions for customer groups.
Fast ordering by SKU or CSV upload
- Allow your customers to bypass browsing product pages and get right to ordering.
- Buyers can quickly place orders by entering SKUs, uploading CSV files, or choosing items from pre-set requisition lists.
- Save your customers time with one-click re-orders and recurring orders.
Streamlined quote management and price negotiation
- Efficiently manage quote requests and negotiate pricing terms using a streamlined workflow.
- Accept and deliver custom quote requests and RFQs.
- Let your customers build out an entire cart for quoting.
- Support purchase approval workflows and complex approval processes.
Optimize Inventory and Order Processing
- Show your buyers accurate, real-time inventory from all sources and supply chain partners.
- Use automated business rules to intelligently source inventory for lower fulfillment costs and faster delivery times.
- Improve operations with a single solution for managing orders from all sales channels.
Manage B2B and B2C in one place
- Accurate, real-time inventory across entire supply chain.
- Manage orders from all sales channels.
- Automated business rules optimize fulfillment costs and delivery times.
- Gain efficiencies and get closer to your customers with a proven B2B platform.
- Create and manage websites for multiple brands, divisions, channel partners, or accounts from one interface.
- Expand globally with support for multiple languages, currencies, and taxes.
Painless backend system integrations
- Connect and sync all your sales data with APIs and off-the-shelf connectors.
- Easy integration with most ERPs and accounting software, including Netsuite, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, Salesforce, Oracle, and more.
- Quickly meet any requirement with an open, modern, and flexible platform.
Ready to ramp up your B2B business?
B2B eCommerce Myths Debunked
“B2B customers don’t care about fancy website.”
While it’s true that, for the most part, B2B users are not interested in being dazzled by custom website themes and cutting-edge design, that doesn’t mean they don’t want to use a functional, easy-to-use website. A B2B consumer is still a consumer. And 48% of consumers say that web design is the #1 determiner of the credibility of a business.
If you make the effort to build a B2B website, you should also invest in a functional, attractive, and intuitive layout. Simply building a website that works isn’t enough.
68% of B2B customers prefer to research independently online and 60% would rather not talk with a salesperson*. This means your online content (including search engine results) and experience can make or break your sales.
* Lori Wizdo, The Ways And Means Of B2B Buyer Journey Maps, Forrester Research, August 2017
“A B2B site takes years to complete.”
This may have been true in the past, but not today.
With a native, robust B2B suite built into Adobe Commerce Cloud, you can be up and running in 4-6 months, depending on the complexity of your sales process and products.
“A B2B site is prohibitively expensive.”
Creating a B2B website used to require heavy customizations and web development costs could quickly spin out of control.
This is no longer the case. Adobe Commerce Cloud comes out-of-the-box with a full set of B2B features and functionality, without the need to purchase an additional platform. You can expect a competitive initial investment and the ability to choose the plan that fits your budget.
“Implementing B2B eCommerce will force me to restructure my business.”
The Adobe Commerce Cloud B2B suite is designed to fit your business structure and work in parallel with other B2B products and services, such as:
- SaaS e-procurement systems
- D-procurement software programs
- Purchase order/invoice networks
- EDI networks, integrated with ERP platforms and supplier order management platforms
Who loves B2B eCommerce?
Alvin the Owner
“Our new B2B platform has helped us attract new business and stay one step ahead of our competition. Our current B2B customers are loving it too. They can manage their own account and place orders without a rep, which has reduced our costs. Now that our entire catalog is online, new customers find us, they buy more and they buy more often. The increase in revenue has been significant.”
Tracey in Marketing
“Creating custom catalogs and pricing is a breeze. I can even do it myself and don’t have to involve IT anymore. I use the business intelligence to segment data, track interests and retarget after purchase. Bulk ordering has never been easier with CSV file uploads, entering SKUs or pre-set requisition lists. To top it off, I can manage multiple websites from one dashboard. The launch of our B2B platform has been a game-changer.”
Tony in Sales
“Having an online catalog makes it easy to show customers our products. My customers love direct purchasing which helps them buy quickly, whenever they want and easily re-order. The hours I save not having to fill out order forms I can now spend making more sales.”
Sarah in Customer Service
“Before we had an online B2B system, I couldn’t help a customer in need because I didn’t have relevant information available. With our B2B connected to our CRM, I can log in to a client’s account and see their entire communication and purchase history and immediately offer help when they reach out.”
Improving Buyer Experience Delivers Real Business Value
Empower your buyers with self-service tools, lower error rates, streamline internal workflows, and reduce inventory and fulfillment costs.
Offer 24×7 access, fast, friction-free purchasing, inventory transparency
and rapid fulfillment times.
Increase customer spend, boost sales team productivity, enable expansion into new markets, and offer easier access to insights that can drive your business forward.
Remove Purchasing Hurdles
Deliver a seamless, customer-centric experience. Differentiate your business and enable smarter faster operations.
4 Most Common Objections to B2B Ecommerce
“Our products are too complicated”
True. Some MAY be too complicated, but MOST can fit into an online format.
Any questions your sales team asks can be put into an online workflow. Buying wizards – tools or widgets within the eCommerce platform – can be configured to help online customers choose the right product by asking the same questions your sales team asks over the phone.
“Our processes are too complicated”
B2B eCommerce platforms today are extremely customizable and can be modified to fit your sales, shipping or other processes.
Your company can specify rules that dictate actions to be set in motion based upon your specific process needs.
Use case 1: If a customer located in Territory 1 orders 100 of SKU 1234 to be shipped to their plant that is located in Territory 2, that SKU will be shipped from your warehouse A by a specified date.
Use case 2: Mike owns a national chain of auto part stores, which he operates out of his office in New Jersey. He places an order with your company for 1,000 brake pads to be shipped to his regional distribution center in Madison, WI and 1,000 brake pads to be shipped to a regional distribution center in Reno, NV. When the order is placed, it will be processed and shipped as dictated by specific rules put in place by your company. These rules can determine which warehouse to ship from, method of shipping and date.
“Our sales team will hate it.”
Sales teams may think that moving to an online B2B will mean less commission or losing commission.
The reality is, an online system works to a salesperson’s advantage. With a CRM, the entire sales history can be seen, creating more sales opportunities and accountability.
All of this gives sales teams more time to focus on high value relationship building activities.
Plus, when they’re out in the field, they will have your entire catalog at their fingertips on a tablet or laptop.
“We’re replacing our 5-star customer service with robots.”
You’re probably thinking: “High-touch” customer service has been a hallmark of our company. It keeps customers coming back. Moving to a “faceless” online ordering system will scare away customers.
The reality: The new generation of purchasers are used to doing everything online. They want the convenience of placing orders after hours and the ease of online buying.
Embrace a robust B2B platform for your business
Increased order frequency.
The benefits of an easy-to-use, sales-focused eCommerce platform speak for themselves.
Regardless of your B2B business needs, we can create a solution.
It’s all included in Adobe Commerce Cloud.
It’s all waiting for you.