Adobe first launched the SWAT (Site-Wide Analysis Tool) as part of Adobe Commerce v2.4.1, and it was fully integrated into the Adobe Commerce Admin Panel in late 2020.
This unique tool allows Adobe Commerce customers to get real-time access to a simple, easy-to-use dashboard that provides an overview of overall site health, performance, functionality, uptime, and more.
Want to learn more? In this blog from 121eCommerce, we’ll explain the basics of SWAT and how it works, as well as the key features it offers that make it easier to manage your Adobe Commerce installation. Read on for more details!
What Is The Adobe Commerce SWAT (Site-Wide Analysis Tool)?
SWAT is a tool that’s part of the Adobe Commerce Admin panel, which allows administrators to quickly fetch data about their entire Adobe Commerce website in real-time – including information like overall site performance, speed, and site health.
This tool provides merchants with the ability to gain valuable insights into how well their website is performing, and take steps to improve its functionality, reliability, uptime, speed, and more. The SWAT dashboard can be accessed by any admin user who is provided with the proper permissions to use it.
Using the SWAT is a great way for Adobe Commerce administrators to move past the traditional “break-fix” model of administration. By using the SWAT, admins can quickly identify potential issues before they cause downtime, errors, or other issues with website performance – and take proactive steps to resolve these problems right away.
But what exactly can the Site-Wide Analysis Tool do? That’s a great question. Let’s take a look at its key features and benefits now.
Site-Wide Analysis Tool Key Features & Benefits
The Site-Wide Analysis Tool is split into a few key dashboards and sections, as follows:
- Dashboard – This is the “home page” of the SWAT, and it’s a summary of all of the following features and dashboards. It includes a general overview of the health of your Adobe Commerce installation, as well as a list of notifications and recommendations, prioritized by importance.
This provides you with a quick, at-a-glance summary of your website’s overall performance, as well as the most important action items you need to be aware of.
- Information – This panel provides customer contact information, as well as a summary of your current tickets. You also get information about all of your installed Adobe Commerce products, providing you with an overview of everything that’s installed on your eCommerce website.
- Recommendations – In this section, lists of recommendations will be generated based on noted issues with your website. For example, if there is an issue with one or more items in your product catalog, they will be noted and you will be alerted – and you’ll also get access to online resources and best practice information about resolving the issue.
- Exceptions – Exceptions are errors within your store that are caused by “abnormal conditions,” and may not have specific solutions that can be recommended to you. Using this tool, you can get more details about these exceptions, and you, your admins, and your development team can dive more deeply into the issue and find the proper fix.
- Extensions – As you might expect, this section of the SWAT tool provides you with a list of all of the extensions you currently have installed on your Adobe Commerce store.
- Outages – This report provides you with a detailed view of all downtime and outages experienced by your Adobe Commerce store over time, including both real-time and historical data.
So, what does this all mean? It means that you can access 24/7, real-time monitoring of your overall website health and performance, view live known issues and bugs on your systems, and quickly identify and fix problems with your Adobe Commerce website to improve performance and stability.
The SWAT Is Yet Another Great Reason To Switch To Adobe Commerce
If you’re currently using Magento Open Source for your eCommerce website and you’re thinking about making the switch to Adobe Commerce, there are lots of great reasons to do so – and the SWAT is just one of them.
Along with the SWAT, you’ll get access to lots of B2B features, powerful content creation features like the Page Builder, and enhanced support from Adobe – not to mention the powerful, flexible, and scalable cloud architecture offered by Adobe Cloud.
These tools and additional features are ideal for small-to-medium-sized businesses who may be looking to expand into new markets, improve functionality and sales, and take the next steps toward further business growth.
If you’re interested in learning more about Adobe Commerce and you’re wondering if it might be right for you, 121eCommerce is here to help. We’re experts in the Adobe Commerce platform, and we can help you understand whether it’s the right choice for you.
Whether you’re using Magento Open Source or any other eCommerce platform, just contact us for a quick consultation – we’re happy to explain the features and benefits of Adobe Commerce in further detail, and help you understand if it’s right for you.