As we say goodbye to summer and enter fall, we also say goodbye to Magento 2.4.0.
Magento Commerce 2.4.1 was just released on October 1st and brings with it quite a few new changes that will help both B2B and B2C Magento stores provide their customers with a better, easier, and more secure shopping experience.
Wondering what’s changed? Let’s get into it, shall we?
Various Security Enhancements and Patches
Naturally, all known security issues with Magento 2.4.0 have been patched in the latest iteration of Magento Commerce 2.4.1. In addition, more than 15 security enhancements to prevent RCE (Remote Code Execution) and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) attacks have been added.
While no known attacks have been made using these exploits, these patches have further enhanced security during Magento administrator sessions, keeping your storefront safe and secure.
Another new addition is the integration of Sansec data about card skimming and eCommerce attacks into the Magento Scan Tool. By using data from Sansec, the Magento Scan Tool can identify up to 9,000 new vulnerabilities to detect possible threats and attacks.
B2B Changes For a Better User Experience & Enhanced Security
The new Magento 2.4.1 release has added quite a few unique B2B updates that will help improve workflows for B2B eCommerce, including:
- A “View Rule” page that B2B users can access to view rules that apply to their company, even without edit permissions
- An alert icon on the My Approval tab in the My Purchase Orders view, alerting users to the number of pending approval actions with a number counter
- Bulk order approvals and rejections for B2B managers and company administrators, allowing for multiple order approval or rejection with a single action
- Enhanced shipping configuration options for B2B merchants
- The ability to clear the contents of a shopping cart in a single action
- B2B buyers can add individual items or the entire contents of a shopping cart to a requisition list directly
That’s not all – Google reCAPTCHA can now be enabled on New Company Request Forms, and a number of other useful B2B admin features have been added, among other improvements.
All in all, this is a great update for any Magento Commerce storefront that primarily focuses on B2B sales.
SWAT – Site-Wide Analysis Tool
In September, Adobe enabled monthly Site-Wide Analysis Tool Reports for all cloud-hosted Magento Commerce customers. This feature is now integrated with the Magento Admin Panel as the Site-Wide Analysis Tool Portal.
With this tool, website administrators can quickly access data about their entire website, including functionality, site health, performance, and other metrics – and get automated recommendations about fixing any issues that were found with their Magento Commerce installation.
Additional CAPTCHA Checks for Better Site-Wide Security
Magento 2.4.1 now supports CAPTCHA checks on REST and GraphQL endpoints related to order placement and payment, allowing for better security and protection against brute-force carding attacks – with CAPTCHA protection, bots will have a more difficult time attempting to use stolen payment information.
SameSite cookies have also now been introduced to help limit the sharing of cookie information with third-party websites, and protect user data and security.
Content Creation Enhancements for Magento Stores
The New Media Gallery introduced in Magento 2.4.0 has received more improvements to make content and media management even easier for Magento Commerce users. These new features and improvements include:
- Bulk image deletion
- The ability to optimize media storage by identifying and deleting duplicate images, as well as unused images
- Filtering of images by storefront area in which they’re used, such as product content, category content, and CMS blocks
- Improvements to metadata viewing, editing, and searching for easier content management
In addition to this, the Magento Page Builder now supports full-screen mode for easier editing of content and an enhanced user experience.
Upgrade Your Magento Commerce Installation Now for These Benefits & More
Beyond these product improvements, Magento Commerce 2.4.1 includes a variety of performance improvements, bug fixes, and fixes for hundreds of known issues with Magento 2.4.0 If you’d like a breakdown of the full scope of the changes, you can view the Magento 2.4.1 release notes here.
Don’t miss out on these features and upgrades. Update your Magento Commerce installation as soon as possible, and make sure you’re always taking advantage of the latest and greatest benefits of this eCommerce platform. And if you need assistance maintaining, upgrading, or administering your Magento commerce site, just remember – the team at 121eCommerce is always here to help!