Before we dive into all the goodies in Magento 2.3.2, here are some important links:
What’s new for Magento 2.3.2?
- 130+ product quality improvements
- 75+ security improvements
- 356 closed issues
- Braintree payment method integration with checkout
- Bluefoot data migration tool (only for Magento Commerce)
- Storefront accessibility improvements
- Google chart API updated to image charts
These are some of the top level highlights for Magento 2.3.2.
Now let’s explore some of the updates in more detail…
Security Updates in Magento 2.3.2
With website security such a constant, crucial issue for any online retailer, Magento is always improving the security of its storefronts with every quarterly update.
And Magento 2.3.2 does not disappoint with its security enhancements:
Magento reported in an email announcing the upgrade to Magento 2.3.2 that “multiple enhancements were identified by leveraging Adobe’s sophisticated security tools and the large reach of the Adobe Hacker One bug bounty program.”
For merchants on Open Source, the latest version of libsodium (1.0.13) must be installed before upgrading to Magento 2.3.2 due to the upgraded security encryption and configurations
You can download the latest version of libsodium here.
For merchants on Magento Commerce, the upgrade to Magento 2.3.2 comes with an update to the required libsodium version.
Other security enhancements of Magento 2.3.2 include:
- Google reCAPTCHA module for PayPal Payflow checkout that prevents malicious targeting of Magento deployments that implement Payflow Pro.
- Amazon Pay PSD2 compliance.
Important security update: As of June 30, 2019, Magento 2.1 will no longer receive security updates or product quality fixes now that its support window has expired.
Performance Upgrades in Magento 2.3.2
Magento has significantly improved performance with its latest upgrade.
Here are some highlights:
- Page load times improved by 20% with optimization in logic of concurrent access to the block cache.
- Fast page rendering.
- Product images load faster and together with other page content.
- Merchants with large catalogs will see up to 90% improvement in category browsing.
Check out these other blogs to learn more about how you can improve the performance of your Magento store website:
Magento 2.3.2 can now perform multiple bulk actions in the background, allowing administrators to continue working. Alerts are then sent to admin users informing them when the processes are complete.
Examples of such admin operations include:
- Generate discount coupon
- Bulk product edit
- Data export
Other improvements to productivity include Magento checkout, cart functionalities, Magento inventory (previously known as Magento 2 Multi Source Inventory), and shipping.
With Magento 2.3.2, merchants can use new commands to discover and resolve reservation inconsistencies.
The improved user interface allows for:
- Assigning sources to products enables decimal order quantity
- New Credit memo test scenarios
- Improved InventoryGraphQl module
- Single/multiple products saves
- Bulk inventory transfers
- New endpoint for Bulk Partial Stock Transferenables bulk transfers for a custom product quantity between sources.
Magento 2.3.2 includes the following GraphQL improvements:
- Enhanced GraphQL performance test scenario coverage.
- Expanded GraphQL coverage for cart/checkout
- Caching for GraphQL queries
Progressive Web App (PWA)
Improvements to the Magento’s PWA Studio include:
- Improved modular component library forPWA Studio is now a part of Magento 2.3.2.
- Ability to reuse and scale components for frontend requirements.
- Upcoming release in phase for Peregrine functional and data components, starting with the Search component.
BlueFoot to Page Builder Content Migration
Assistance for BlueFoot to Page Builder migration is another Commerce-specific feature introduced in Magento 2.3.2.
Improved developer experience:
- Updated local development using Docker creates a fast and consistent end-to-end experience across all environments that improves developer workflow and ensures reliable deployments.
- enhanced self-service tools speed up time-to-launch by enabling merchants to configure and deploy environment configurations without submitting a support ticket.
New Relic Infrastructure Monitoring
- New Relic Infrastructure provides merchants with flexible, dynamic server monitoring.
- Real-time metrics and powerful analytics ensure quick decision making and resolution of issues.
- Availability exclusively for Magento Commerce Pro
Amazon Pay is now compliant with the PSD2 directive for the UK and Germany.
Detailed Release Notes
For a detailed list of all the release notes, please check these links:
Other Releases with Magento 2.3.2
- Magento Open Source 188.8.131.52
- Magento Commerce 184.108.40.206
- Magento 2.2.9 (Commerce and Open Source)
- Magento 2.1.18 (Commerce and Open Source)
- Magento SUPEE 11155
Need Help Upgrading?
If you need help upgrading, please contact us. We’re experts in Magento web development and can get you up and running on Magento 2.3.2 fast.