Adobe Sensei is Adobe’s AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) platform, and provides a variety of powerful features across Adobe’s product lineup. But how does Adobe Sensei work? What are its benefits? And how does it work with Adobe Commerce to boost sales?
Those are great questions. And 121eCommerce is here with the answers.
In this blog, we’ll take a look at the basics of Adobe Sensei and how it’s used to provide product recommendations on Adobe Commerce to improve eCommerce performance and sales with the power of AI.
What Is Adobe Sensei? Explaining The Basics
Adobe Sensei is Adobe’s in-house AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) platform, which was first introduced in 2016 as part of an attempt to compete with other large firms that were developing their own in-house AI technology. Since Sensei was first introduced nearly 5 years ago, Adobe Sensei has expanded to support a wide variety of Adobe SaaS programs and platforms.
Uniquely, Adobe Sensei is automatically integrated into most Adobe platforms. Unlike some other companies that provide an AI platform and then require individual users to develop their own tools and solutions to harness its power, Adobe has used “under-the-hood” integrations to add Adobe Sensei to most of their products, platforms, and integrations.
Currently, Adobe Sensei is in use by the following product suites:
- Adobe Experience Cloud – Adobe Sensei is at the heart of Adobe Experience Cloud, with features like predictive analytics, ad spend targeting, analytics, and personalized customer journeys and recommendations all using this advanced AI/ML engine to provide better results.
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Sensei AI can be used in a variety of Adobe Creative Cloud software like Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere to quickly modify and correct issues in photos, videos, and other media – and for enhanced search capabilities in Adobe Stock and Lightroom.
- Adobe Document Cloud – When used as part of Adobe Document Cloud, Adobe Sensei helps improve scanning accuracy, simplifies form filling, and streamlines the process of filling out and signing documents online.
How Does Adobe Sensei Integrate With Adobe Commerce?
Okay, so now you know a little bit about the history of Adobe Sensei and how it integrates with other Adobe platforms.
But why does it matter for Adobe Commerce? It’s simple – Adobe Sensei is the AI engine used to power the advanced product recommendations supported by the Adobe Commerce platform.
This feature was first introduced for Commerce users in the Magento 2.3.5 update in April of 2020. Adobe Sensei can be used to power a variety of different product recommendations to upsell and cross-sell customers. Currently, it’s used to power the following types of recommendations:
- Shopper-based recommendations – Using information about past user behavior and similar shoppers, Adobe Sensei can develop custom-tailored “Recommended for you” recommendations for individual shoppers, leading to higher conversion rates and higher average order value (AOV).
- Item-based recommendations – Item-based recommendations are also supported by Adobe Sensei and Adobe Commerce. This includes “Viewed this, Viewed That,” “Viewed this, Bought that” and “Bought this, Bought this” recommendations. These suggestions can be implemented to attract customers to similar – or more appealing – items based on past customer behavior.
- Content similarity-based – Adobe Sensei also provides a “More like this” recommendation that can be used to suggest similar products on your Adobe Commerce store, providing customers with more options and recommendations based on the item they’re currently viewing.
- Contextual popularity-based – These recommendations include “Most viewed,” “Trending,” “Most purchased” and “Most added to cart,” allowing you to recommend your most popular products to customers throughout your Adobe Commerce Cloud store.
Thanks to the power of Adobe Sensei, this recommendation engine is highly effective at targeting customers and increasing AOV. And because its recommendations use the Adobe Sensei AI cloud to process and transmit data, they bypass your Adobe Commerce servers – providing lightning-fast results that won’t slow down page loading times or on-page performance.
Even better, an update in June 2020 added product recommendations to Adobe Commerce Cloud’s Page Builder.
The Page Builder is a drag-and-drop, WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor available in Adobe Commerce Cloud – and with its Adobe Sensei integration, you can quickly and easily place product recommendations onto any page using drag and drop tools.
Thanks to this, it’s easier than ever for enterprise companies to personalize the customer journey, recommend appropriate products at the right time, and improve sales. No technical skills are needed to harness the power of Adobe Commerce product recommendations powered by Adobe Sensei.
Explore The Power Of Adobe Commerce – Contact 121eCommerce Today
Adobe Sensei is a powerful tool – and it’s just one of the many tools you’ll be able to access when you choose the Adobe Commerce eCommerce platform.
Thanks to its industry-leading features, unbeatable scalability, and close integration with other Adobe services like Adobe Experience Cloud, Adobe Commerce is an excellent choice whether you’re building a new eCommerce presence or migrating from an outdated eCommerce platform.
Interested in learning more? Wondering if Adobe Commerce may be the right choice for your eCommerce business? 121eCommerce can help. We’re experts in Adobe Commerce, and we can explain its features and benefits in further detail during a quick consultation – and help you decide if it’s right for your needs.
So don’t wait. Contact us online to book a meeting, learn more about the power of Adobe Commerce and Adobe Sensei, and explore the possibilities this cloud-based eCommerce platform can offer.